DORITOS DINAMITA® Contest – You could win a trip to the 2019 NBA Awards
No purchase necessary. This Contest (the “Contest”) is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of Canada at time of entry. Must be age of majority in your province or territory of residence to enter.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The sponsor of this Contest is PepsiCo Canada ULC (the “Contest Sponsor”), and the Contest is being administered by Elite Digital Inc. (the “Administrator”).
- Contest Period: Starting March 24, 2019 at 12:00 noon Eastern Time (ET) and ending June 5, 2019 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the "Contest Period").
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, 13 years of age or older, except officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association (the "NBA"), and the NBA member teams (collectively, the "NBA Entities”) , the Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and if, applicable, their advertising or promotion agencies, contest judges, contest prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively the “Contest Entities”), and members of their immediate families (regardless of where they live), or persons domiciled with them (whether related or not). In these Official Rules (the “Rules”), “immediate family” means parents, children, siblings and spouse. Entrants between the ages of 13 and the age of majority in their province/territory of residence will require the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest. In the event it is discovered that parental consent was not obtained, the entry will be void.
- How To Enter: Text “NBA” to “33322” or visit the contest website www.doritoscontest.ca during the Contest Period and follow the instructions to enter the complete 12-digit UPC from 80g or 280g bags of DORITOS DINAMITA® tortilla chips (any flavour). Once your UPC has been confirmed as valid, complete the entry form by providing your name, email address, province/territory and confirming your eligibility status and that you have read, understood and agree to comply with these Rules. A UPC may be used more than once, but may be entered by the same person only once per day during the Contest Period. Only one (1) email address may be used per person to participate in the Contest. Duplication may result in disqualification. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET June 5, 2019 to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
You may incur standard text message or data charges from your wireless service provider for each message sent and/or received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entry will be considered made by the natural person who is assigned to the account used to enter the contest by the organization responsible for assigning accounts for the provider.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. If you wish to enter without purchase, please use the following UPC: 850142620524. Although online access and an email account are required in order to participate in the Contest, no purchase is required; many public libraries, Internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per email address per day during the Contest Period.
- GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won, consisting of a trip to the 2019 NBA Awards (ARV $10,500). The Grand Prize includes:
Actual value may vary depending on winner’s point of departure and air fare.
- Round-trip economy class air transportation for two (2) people from the major international airport closest to winner’s place of residence in Canada to Los Angeles, California (USA) (which may include non-direct flights; airport, carrier and airline ticket class selected at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor);
- One (1) standard room (double occupancy), for two (2) nights (accommodation to be selected at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor);
- One (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500 USD) Pre-paid gift card for spending; and
- Two (2) tickets to attend the 2018 NBA Awards in Los Angeles, California (USA) (June, 2019).
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which may award or substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Due to the nature of the prize, no alternate travel dates are permitted. The difference between the approximate retail value and actual retail value, if any, will not be awarded. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including without limitation, ground transportation to and from departure airport, meals, gratuities, taxes, travel documents, telephone calls, in-room movies, mini-bar expenses, room service, medical and travel insurance, excess baggage costs, optional tours, airport departure taxes, duties, all personal expenses and all other expenses not specified herein. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must be a legal resident of Canada. A minor guest must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together. Transportation and accommodations subject to availability, standard industry blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining all required medical and travel related necessities and documentation, including a valid passport, and the right to enter the United States of America. If the Grand Prize winner does not have proper travel documentation, or permission to enter the United States of America, or does not accept or participate in any portion of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever (including reasons beyond the control of the Grand Prize winner such as inclement weather delaying or cancelling a portion of the trip), then that portion of the Grand Prize is forfeited, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no further obligation or liability to the Grand Prize winner with respect to the forfeited portion of the Grand Prize. It is recommended that the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest obtain sufficient personal travel insurance (including emergency medical) prior to departure. The Contest Sponsor is not liable if travel is impeded or refused by reason of decisions of Canadian or U.S. government authorities, or other airline or airport authorities. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest (or parent/legal guardian on behalf of a minor guest) must sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s form of Release (as defined below) prior to the Grand Prize being ticketed. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor or the NBA Entities. if the awards show (or element(s) thereof) is cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled after ticketing of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever beyond its control. If, for any reason, the awards show does not occur, that portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and remainder of the Grand Prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the Grand Prize award. The Contest Parties shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind, resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, travel related thereto or otherwise from participation in the Contest. The Grand Prize winner acknowledges that the Contest Parties have not made or are not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, condition, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter any Draw for any reason or for Prizes that remain unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase Requests or entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
(i) Grand Prize Draw: The Grand Prize Draw will occur on June 7, 2019 at 2:00 pm ET and will be conducted by the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative, at 5511 Steeles Ave. West, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario. One (1) entry will be randomly selected as the potential Grand Prize winner. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period.
- PRIZE CLAIM: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email at the email address provided upon entry, together with instructions on how to claim the Grand Prize. This notification (the “Notification”) will occur within one (1) business day after the draw is completed, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide a valid email address to ensure prompt receipt of any Notification.
IN ORDER TO CLAIM EITHER THE GRAND PRIZE, WITHIN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF NOTIFICATION AT THE EMAIL PROVIDED, REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT IS RECEIVED:
If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the Prize, cannot be located or does not respond and comply with the above requirements within three (3) business days of Notification, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the Prize. The Contest Sponsor may then, at its sole and absolute discretion and if time permits, select by random draw another eligible entrant whom the Contest Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
- the potential winner must claim his/her Prize as instructed in the Notification; and
- the potential winner (or parent or legal guardian where applicable) will be required to correctly answer mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, (the Grand Prize skill-testing question will be administered at a time to be mutually agreed upon);
- the potential winner (or parent or legal guardian where applicable) must accept the terms of a Declaration of Compliance and Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor and the Contest Entities from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of any Prize; and
- the potential winner (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process.
Additional Conditions of Participation:
- By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or Contest judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, without right of appeal, including without limitation eligibility, validity, contents, and/or disqualification of an entry. Entrants who have not complied with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
- By accepting a Prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, city/province of residence, voice, and statements relating to the Contest or the Contest Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by the Contest Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participants engaging in any of these activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any Prize won.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or the natural person who is assigned to the account used to enter the contest by the organization responsible for assigning accounts for the provider.
- Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage. Moreover, as a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release the Contest Sponsor and Contest Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize , (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim for all such damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statue prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- The Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to the province of Quebec, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. The Contest Sponsor may do so, without notice, except as required by law. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if for any reason more entrants receive a “win” notice than the number of Prizes stated herein, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of Prizes stated in these Rules via a random drawing for the Prizes not yet distributed at the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended. In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the Prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of Prizes awarded exceed the available number of Prizes as specified in these Rules. In the event that any draws are stopped, interfered with or not conducted for any reason during the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to resume conducting draws as soon as reasonably possible after any interference or cessation of such draws, or at the end of the Contest Period.
- The Contest Sponsor and the Contest Entities do not warrant that access to the Contest Website or mobile site or SMS text messaging will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Contest Sponsor and the Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to; (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, Web sites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Contest; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of any Prize or in any Prize notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Contest; or (f) damage to a user\'s system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
- Residents Of Quebec: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Conflicts/Discrepancies: In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Rules and the non-English language Rules, the English Rules shall prevail. In the event of a conflict between any Contest details contained in these Rules and any Contest details contained in Contest advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Rules shall prevail.
- Governing Law: This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- NBA Entities: The NBA Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives and agents shall have no liability and will be released and held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to winner or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and/or participation in this Contest.
Back to submit entry