DORITOS® Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
“Track. Rescue. Win.” Promotion (“Promotion”)
Official Rules (“Rules”)
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND RESIDE IN CANADA AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of Canada only, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: employees, contractors, directors and officers of PepsiCo Canada ULC (“Sponsor”), Elite Digital Inc. (“Administrator”), Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC (“Universal”), and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, participating retailers, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence).
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 22, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on August 31, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). The computer of the Sponsor's Administrator is the official time-keeping device of the Promotion.
HOW TO ENTER & PLAY:
(i) Create an Account: During the Promotion Period, visit DoritosContest.ca (“Promotion Website”), and follow the online instructions to create an account (“Account”).
(ii) Collect Entries: Collect entries by obtaining and entering Bag Codes from specially-marked participating products (“Participating Products”) during the Promotion Period.
(iii) Obtain Bag Codes: There are two (2) ways to obtain Bag Codes as outlined below.
(1) With Product Purchase: Purchase any Participating Product (as provided below) and look for a unique ten (10)-digit alphanumeric code located on the back panel of the bag (each a “Bag Code”), while supplies last. Each Participating Product and its corresponding entries are defined below.(iv) Enter Bag Codes online for entries: Visit the Promotion Website and follow the instructions to log in (once you have created an Account), and enter Bag Code(s) where indicated. Your Account will be immediately credited with the corresponding number of entries per Bag Code/Participating Product as outlined in the table above.
Participating Product Bag Size Entries DORITOS® Nacho Cheese flavoured tortilla chips 400 g 3 entries DORITOS® SWEET CHILI HEAT!® flavoured tortilla chips 400 g 3 entries DORITOS® Nacho Cheese flavoured tortilla chips 255 g 3 entries DORITOS® SWEET CHILI HEAT!® flavoured tortilla chips 255 g 3 entries DORITOS® Zesty Cheese flavoured tortilla chips 255 g 3 entries DORITOS® Bold BBQ flavoured tortilla chips 255 g 3 entries DORITOS® Spicy Nacho flavoured tortilla chips 255 g 3 entries DORITOS® Jalapeño Cheddar flavoured tortilla chips 255 g 3 entries DORITOS® BLUE Grilled Steak flavoured tortilla chips 220 g 4 entries DORITOS® Nacho Cheese flavoured tortilla chips 80 g 2 entries DORITOS® SWEET CHILI HEAT!® flavoured tortilla chips 80 g 2 entries DORITOS® Zesty Cheese flavoured tortilla chips 80 g 2 entries DORITOS® Bold BBQ flavoured tortilla chips 80 g 2 entries DORITOS® Jalapeño Cheddar flavoured tortilla chips 80 g 2 entries DORITOS® BLUE Grilled Steak flavoured tortilla chips 70 g 3 entries DORITOS® Nacho Cheese flavoured tortilla chips 70 g 1 entry
(2) No Purchase:Purchase is not required and does not enhance a person’s chances of winning. To obtain a unique Code without purchase, send an original minimum twenty-five (25)-word essay about your favourite Doritos® flavour along with your full name, province/territory, and email address by email to email@example.com (the “No Purchase Request”). Essay must be original in concept and execution, and created by entrant. Within two (2) business days of receipt of a valid No Purchase Request, the Sponsor’s designated agent will reply to your email with one (1) unique Bag Code worth five (5) entries. LIMIT one (1) No Purchase Request per email. There is no limit to the number of No Purchase Requests that an entrant can submit. No Purchase Requests received on August 31, 2018 before 3:00 pm ET will receive a Bag Code on the same day. No Purchase Requests received after 3:00 pm ET on August 31, 2018 will be automatically played by the Administrator to ensure timely participation in the Promotion. Each unique Bag Code received through a No Purchase Request can only be played once.
(v) Use or Bank Entry(ies): Choose to (i) use entry(ies) immediately to play for a chance to win an Instant-Win Prize (“Instant-Win Game”) or to enter the random draw for a chance to win the Grand Prize (“Grand Prize Draw”) or (ii) bank the entries and save them to use at a later time during the Promotion Period. Entries collected and/or used for this Promotion are not eligible for any other Promotion. Limit twenty (20) Bag Code submissions per person per email address per day. In these Rules, a ”Day” is defined as any period within the Promotion Period beginning at 12:00 am ET (ie. midnight) and ending at 11:59:59 pm ET.
(1) Submit a Play in the Instant-Win Game: At the Promotion Website, choose your Map Zone Level based on the number of entries you’ve banked and played. Next, follow the instructions to designate one (1) entry to play for a chance to win an Instant-Win Prize (each a “Play”). If your computer screen or mobile device displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of the indicated Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification). If your computer screen or mobile device does not display a prize-winning message, you are not a winner of an Instant-Win Prize. Randomly selected dates and times during the Promotion Period will be chosen by the Administrator, and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by the Administrator's computer on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Promotion Period) will be selected as eligible to win an Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification). All Plays must be properly received and recorded within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. Odds of winning an Instant-Win Prize depend on the order in which entries are received.
(a) Unlock Prize Levels: For the first five (5) Plays you submit, you will be playing for a chance to win a Instant-Win Zone 1 Prize. Once you submit your first five (5) Plays, Zone 2 will be unlocked and you will automatically earn one (1) entry into a random draw for a chance to win an Adventure Pack (“Adventure Pack Draw”). You can choose to play for a chance to win an Instant-Win Zone 1 Prize or an Instant-Win Zone 2 Prize. An entry will not be deducted from your Account in connection with an automatic entry into the Adventure Pack Draw.
(2) Enter the Grand Prize Draw: In order to submit an entry into the Grand Prize Draw, you must submit a minimum of ten (10) Plays within Zone 1 or Zone 2. After your tenth Play, Zone 3 will be unlocked and you will automatically earn one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw (as defined below). An entry will not be deducted from your Account in connection with an automatic entry into the Grand Prize Draw. Once you have submitted ten (10) Plays, you can choose to play for a chance to win an Instant-Win Zone 1 Prize, Instant-Win Zone 2 Prize or enter for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
Each time you submit a Play or use an entry to enter the Grand Prize Draw, one (1) entry will be automatically deducted from your Account. Each entry can only be used one (1) time throughout the Promotion Period for a Play or an entry into the Grand Prize Draw.
(3) Bank Entry(ies): If you do not wish to submit a Play in the Instant-Win Game or use an entry to enter the Grand Prize Draw, entry(ies) will remain in your Account until you choose to “Submit a Play” or “Enter the Grand Prize Draw”, both as described above. Any entries remaining in a participant’s Account at the end of the Promotion Period will be forfeited without compensation. Entries have no cash value.
(iv) Bonus Entries: Visit the Promotion Website and play the “Dinosaur Stampede” game. If you successfully complete the course, you will receive one (1) bonus Play in your Account. In order to claim your bonus Play, you will be required to log in or create an Account. Limit ten (10) bonus Plays per Account for the entire Promotion Period.
No other form of submitting a Play is valid other than as stated above. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Play and/or an eligible participant. Participants may not register/enter with multiple email addresses, nor may participants use any other device to register/enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
If you participate via a mobile device, you may incur standard data charges from your wireless service provider. Check with your wireless service provider for details these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. If you do not have internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
HOW TO WIN: There are two (2) ways you could be selected as eligible to win a prize:
(i) Instant-Win Game: By submitting a Play as outlined in Rule 3. You will be notified immediately if you are eligible to win:
(1) Movie Ticket Prize: If you are notified that you are eligible to win a Movie Ticket Prize (as defined below), you will be prompted to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be provided on-screen without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If the potential winner correctly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, they will be asked to complete a prize claim form which includes confirming / providing their name, email and province/territory, and to agree to a declaration of compliance and release. Once these steps have been completed, the Sponsor’s designated agent will confirm the potential winner as a winner, and their Movie Ticket Prize will be delivered by email in the form of a digital code. Please allow one (1) week for verification and delivery of prize. Prizes will only be delivered to winners who have been verified and have complied with these Rules.If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept the prize, incorrectly answers the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and, at the Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate entrant may be selected as eligible to win in accordance with these Rules. The Promotion Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
(2) Adventure Pack: If you are notified that you are eligible to win an Adventure Pack (as defined below), you will be prompted to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be provided on-screen without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If the potential winner correctly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, they will be asked to complete a prize claim form which includes confirming / providing their name, email, province/territory, and to agree to a declaration of compliance and release. Once these steps have been completed, the Sponsor’s designated agent will confirm the potential winner as a winner, and their Adventure Pack Prize will be delivered by email in the form of a digital code. Please allow one (1) week for verification and delivery of prize. Prizes will only be delivered to winners who have been verified and have complied with these Rules.
(ii) Random Draw:
1) Grand Prize Draw: A random draw will be conducted on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 2:00 pm ET from among all eligible entries received for the Grand Prize Draw during the Promotion Period to select an entrant eligible to win the Grand Prize trip for two (2) to Costa Rica (as described in Rule 5). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
2) Adventure Pack Draw: A random draw will be conducted following the Grand Prize Draw from among all eligible entries received for the Adventure Pack Draw during the Promotion Period to select an entrant eligible to win an Adventure Pack Prize (as described in Rule 5). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
All random draws will be conducted at 5511 Steeles Avenue West, Suite 200, Toronto, ON. Entrant selected as eligible to win in a random draw will be notified by email within three (3) business days following the draw (the “Notification”). Please see the “Additional Prize Conditions” in Rule 5 for conditions applicable to the Grand Prize Draw.
PRIZE DETAILS: The following prizes are available to be won in the Promotion:
(i) Instant-Win Game - Zone 1: There are fifteen hundred (1,500) movie tickets to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom available to be won (each, a “Movie Ticket Prize”). The approximate retail value of each Movie Ticket Prize is up to CAD $13.25. Each Movie Ticket Prize will be awarded in the form of a digital code, redeemable for one (1) General Admission movie ticket at a Cineplex Entertainment LP theatre in Canada. Actual value of Movie Tickets Prize depends on the price of General Admission at the theatre at which the digital code is redeemed. The number of Movie Ticket Prizes available to be won will diminish as they are claimed throughout the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Movie Ticket Prize per person per day during the Promotion.
Terms and Conditions – Movie Tickets Prize: The unique digital code is VALID ONLINE ONLY at www.Cineplex.com for a free General Admission ticket to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom as well as other motion picture releases available upon code redemption. Movie Ticket Prizes must be redeemed by September 30, 2018. Code applicable towards the purchase of a General Admission ticket only. One code per transaction regardless of the number of tickets purchased. No cash or credit given on transactions where the total value of the Movie Tickets Prize offer is not redeemed. Not valid for Front Row Centre Events™ or any Alternative Event programming. An applicable surcharge will apply for 3D, IMAX®, D-BOX®, UltraAVX®, VIP (19+), 4DX, Prime Seats or other premium seating performance presented in 2D or 3D. Voucher code cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon, or special discount offer. Free admission ticket is not eligible to earn SCENE® points. Offer cannot be redeemable for cash and are not valid for re-sale. NO TIME EXTENSIONS ARE ALLOWED. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER BEFORE PURCHASE. TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. NO SUBSTITUTIONS.
(ii) Instant-Win Game - Zone 2: There are seventy-five (75) Adventure Pack prizes available to be won, consisting of a $100 SportChek.ca gift card (“Adventure Pack Prize”). Each Adventure Pack Prize will be awarded in the form of a digital code. The Adventure Pack Prize is subject to its stated terms. The number of Adventure Pack Prizes available to be won will diminish as they are claimed throughout the Promotion Period. Limit of one (1) Adventure Pack Prize per person for the duration of the Promotion.
Instant-Win Game Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, which may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
(iii) Adventure Pack Draw: There is one (1) Adventure Pack Prize (as described above) available to be won in a random draw. If you are selected as eligible to win the Adventure Pack Prize, you will be notified by email, within three (3) business days after the Prize draw is completed, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must: (i) respond to the notification from the Sponsor’s designated agent within five (5) business days; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, the required mathematical skill-testing question; (iii) sign (or, if a minor, have their parent/legal guardian sign) a prize claim form and return to the Sponsor’s designated agent by fax or email within five (5) business days of receipt; and (iv) otherwise comply with these Rules. Once these steps have been completed, the Sponsor’s designated agent will confirm the potential winner as a winner, and their Adventure Pack Prize will be delivered by email in the form of a digital code. Please allow two (2) weeks for verification and delivery of prize.
If the potential Prize winner does not respond to the notification within the timeframe set out above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, or declines to accept the prize, incorrectly answers the required mathematical-skill testing question, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and, at the Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate entrant may be selected as eligible to win the prize subject to the same terms set out above. The Promotion Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
(iv) Grand Prize Draw - Zone 3: There is one (1) Grand Prize trip for two (2) (winner plus one (1) guest) to Costa Rica available to be won, consisting of:
- Round trip economy class air transportation for two (2) from the major international airport closest to winner’s place of residence in Canada to Costa Rica (flights, carrier and class to be determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion);
- Ground transportation to/from airport and hotel in Costa Rica;
- Double occupancy hotel accommodations for three (3) nights, including daily breakfast;
- dinosaur park guided expedition;
- zip line adventure (maximum waist size is 104cm/40”) with roundtrip transfers;
- hot springs access;
- mud bath and sauna access;
- one (1) hour ATV jungle ride (participant under sixteen (16) years old must ride as a passenger; includes expert guide, equipment and roundtrip transfers);
- underwater expedition to the Catalina Islands for snorkeling (Snorkeling available to strong swimmers only; includes expert guide, equipment and roundtrip transfers); and
- spending money in the amount of $2,000 CAD for winner only
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is CAD $9,062 which is based on a sample departure from Toronto, ON. Actual value may vary depending on winner’s point of departure and air fare.
Additional Prize Conditions: If you are selected as eligible to win the Grand Prize, to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
(i) respond to the Notification from the Sponsor’s designated agent within five (5) business days;
(ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a required time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsor’s designated agent at a mutually agreeable time;
(iii) sign (or, if a minor, have their parent/legal guardian sign) a form of declaration of compliance and release of liability releasing the Contest Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof and return to the Sponsor’s designated agent by fax or email within five (5) business days of receipt of the declaration of compliance and release of liability; and
(iv) otherwise comply with these Rules.
If the potential winner fails to meet any of these requirements, he/she will be disqualified and forfeit the Grand Prize. The Sponsor may then, at its sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible entrant whom the Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of photo identification as part of the verification process. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the potential Grand Prize winner.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, which may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The difference between approximate retail value and actual retail value, if any, will not be awarded. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including, without limitation, ground transportation to and from departure airport, meals not expressly included in the prize description, gratuities, taxes, travel documents, telephone calls, in-room movies, mini-bar expenses, room service, medical and travel insurance, excess baggage costs, optional tours, airport departure taxes, duties, all personal expenses and all other expenses not specified herein. A valid credit or debit card will be required to guarantee your room on check-in. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must be legal residents of Canada. Any minor participating in a Grand Prize (as either a winner or guest) must travel with, and be accompanied at all times by, an adult who is either (i) the minor’s parent or legal guardian, or (ii) an individual authorized by all parent(s)/legal guardian(s) of the minor. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. One (1) traveller must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Travel must be completed by September 15, 2019 or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and no further or alternative compensation will be provided. Transportation, and accommodations are subject to availability, standard industry blackout periods (such as December 25, 26, 31; January 1; Spring break, etc.), government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be in possession of a valid passport and must have a minimum of six months validity for the duration of the trip (though non-Canadian passport validity requirements may be higher).The Grand Prize winner and his/her guests are responsible for obtaining all required medical and travel related necessities (including vaccinations) and documentation, including a valid passport and/or visa, or any applicable permission to enter the destination country or any country that forms part of the itinerary. If the Grand Prize winner does not have proper travel documentation, or applicable permission to enter the destination country or any country that forms part of the itinerary, or does not accept or participate in any portion of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever (including reasons beyond the control of the Grand Prize winner such as inclement weather delaying or cancelling a portion of the trip), the Grand Prize winner forfeits that portion of the Grand Prize, and the Sponsor shall have no further obligation or liability to the Grand Prize winner with respect to the forfeited portion of the Grand Prize. It is recommended that the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest obtain sufficient personal travel insurance (including emergency medical) prior to departure. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for transportation to and from the departure airport. The Sponsor is not liable if travel is impeded or refused by reason of decisions of any governmental authorities (foreign or domestic), or other airline or airport authorities. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must sign and return the Sponsor’s form of declaration of compliance and release prior to ticketing. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor if any part of the Grand Prize selected (or element(s) thereof) is cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled after ticketing of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever beyond its control. If, for any reason, any element of the Grand Prize trip does not occur, that portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and the remainder of the Grand Prize will be awarded. The Promotion Parties shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind, resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, travel related thereto or otherwise from participation in the Promotion. Details on how to redeem the Grand Prize will be delivered to the winner’s address as provided to the Sponsor. Deliveries will not be made to PO Box addresses. The Grand Prize winner must provide sixty (60) days’ notice prior to his/her requested departure date, and once made, travel plans may only be changed at discretion of the Sponsor. No responsibility is assumed by the Promotion Parties for any postal mail or courier delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by the Promotion Parties for Prize after shipping.
The Grand Prize winner acknowledges that the Promotion Parties have not made or are not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, condition, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
CODES: Only Codes obtained from specially marked Participating Products or through legitimate No
Purchase Requests are eligible for this Promotion and cannot be combined with Codes from any other game or
promotion. A Code will not be redeemed for an entry where the Code is deemed to be void for any reason,
including without limitation, the following: Code is not verified or recognized as a valid code issued by
the Sponsor in this Promotion; Code is determined to be previously entered and used; or Code is incorrectly
or incompletely entered or submitted. The Promotion Parties shall have no liability or obligation to the
holder of, or in respect of, any void Code. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor may, upon request and
at its sole discretion and without obligation, elect to replace an illegible or ineligible Code with another
randomly selected Code. The Sponsor reserves the right to inspect and examine any illegible or ineligible
Code prior to issuing a replacement. Code cannot be sold, traded, bartered, assigned or transferred to or
shared with a third party, auctioned through an online auction site, or otherwise or obtained through any
source other than from one of the methods mentioned above. Codes are null and void and will be rejected if
not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reschedule any prize draw. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase Requests or entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt. No responsibility is assumed by the Promotion Parties for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter the Promotion for any reason, or for prizes that remain unclaimed or unawarded.
- By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, without right of appeal, including without limitation eligibility, validity, contents, and/or disqualification of an entry. Entrants who have not complied with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
- By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, city/province of residence, voice, and statements relating to the Promotion or the Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by the Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Participants engaging in any of these activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prize won.
- All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- If a dispute arises regarding who submitted any entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address or phone number provided at time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address or phone number by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address, or wireless carrier.
- Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused, or claimed to be caused by participating in the Promotion, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage. Moreover, as a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree: (a) to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Parties, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Promotion or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim for all such damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statue prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- The Sponsor may, at its sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Promotion in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Promotion at any time, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if required, with respect to the province of Quebec, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Promotion or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Promotion as contemplated by these Rules. The Sponsor may do so, without notice, except as required by law. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if required, if for any reason more entrants receive notification of eligibility to win a prize than the number of prizes stated herein, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Promotion in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of prizes stated in these Rules via a random drawing for the prizes not yet distributed at the time the Promotion is terminated, suspended or amended. In the event of early termination of the Promotion, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Rules. In the event that any draws are stopped, interfered with or not conducted for any reason during the Promotion Period, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to resume conducting draws as soon as reasonably possible after any interference or cessation of such draws, or at the end of the Promotion Period.
- The Promotion Parties do not make any warranties or conditions that access to the Promotion Website will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Promotion Parties are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to; (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Promotion; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of any prize or in any prize notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Promotion; or (f) damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Promotion or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Promotion.
(a) RESIDENTS OF QUÉBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Promotion may be submitted to the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
(b) RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Rules and the non-English language Rules, the English Rules shall prevail. In the event of a conflict between any Promotion details contained in these Rules and any Promotion details contained in Promotion advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Rules shall prevail.
- INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Universal and its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Promotion.
- Cineplex Entertainment LP is not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Promotion.